USPTA & PTR Teaching Professional/ Cardio Tennis Director, TRX Tennis Cardio Director
Marcy Bruce has been teaching for USCTDP since 1994 and is the TRX/Cardio Tennis Director. She is a certified PTR Teaching Professional (5A) in Adult and 10 and under. She is a member since 1993.
She has always strived to better herself, participating in the education that is available through the tennis industry.
Marcy is the reason that the 10 and under program and our cardio tennis program at USCTDP, Inc. is set apart from any other in the Pittsburgh area. Her passion to grow the game and make tennis easier for new participants created our 10 and under program.
Marcy has been recognized as one of the best cardio instructors in the country. She brings amazing energy and skill to every session. We are so fortunate to have her at USCTDP, Inc.
IMG (formerly Nick Bollettieri Tennis ACADEMY), Bradenton, FL 1985-1986
Boarded for the entire school year
MT. LEBANON HIGH SCHOOL, Mt. Lebanon, PA
Academic Diploma 1989
PIAA State doubles Champion 1987
EDUCATION COLLEGE OF CHARLESTON, Charleston, SC
B.S. Psychology, 1993
Awarded 4-year full tennis scholarship
MVP Player (1990 - 1993)
Team Captain (1991 – 1993)
TAAC All Conference Team, 1993
Recipient of the Silcox Tennis Scholarship (for academic and athletic excellence)
- USPTA Recreational Coach
- Level I Sports Science Certification (U.S. Tennis Association)
- TIA Global Cardio Tennis Team Trainer 2009-Present
- TRX Trained and Educated 2011
- TRX/ Cardio Tennis Trained 2012
- Licensed Cardio Tennis Professional 2006 -Present
- Upper St Clair High School Head Girls Tennis Coach. 1997-2007
- Provider /Professional Development Committee Board Member for Middle States. 2016-Present
- Team HEAD Advisory Staff
- Member, U.S. Tennis Association
- CPR/AED Certified by the American Heart Association
- Participated in On Court with USPTA featured Cardio Tennis on the Tennis Channel 2014
- Voted PTR TIA Commitment to the Industry Award for 2013
- February 2013 First official Cardio Tennis Get Fit Challenge - the Upper St Clair Team
with 20 participants won the 6 week cardio tennis challenge burning over 336,000 calories.
- Direct Cardio Tennis Triples Tournaments 2013 - Present
- Voted AMD Pro of Year 2016
- Voted PTR Pennsylvania Member of the Year 2009
- Voted PTR National Coach of the Year,” in 2004.
- Coached 10 consecutive Section Titles Upper St Clair High School Head Tennis Coach – never lost a section match.
- Winner /Coach 3 State Doubles Team Championships
- Winner/Coach 3 PIAA State Team Championships and let USC Panthers to 6 WPIAL teams crowns.